No signal sent to monitor sometimes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DRoss1990

Im having a slight problem with my computer, heres the run down:

i turn on the computer as one would normally do, i then turn on the monitor (green light on), i get "no signal" shown on the monitor before it goes blank (light changes to orange). The computer continues to go as though it was going normally (all the same sounds, keyboard lights show up at the usual time) but nothing shows on screen. i then turn it off.

i repeat the process of turning it on and off when nothing is happening, until after several repeats it starts perfectly, with no errors.

once its on, and the screen working, there are no problems at all, it continues to run as normal (i'm using the same computer to write this post now after repeating the initial process many times)

I have tried the monitor, cable and power cord for monitor all on a different computer and they work fine. ive also tried plugging the monitor into the motherboard slot (rather than the graphics card slot) and it still doesnt work.

the computer had been working fine before this started. Also the problem only seems to happen when i cold boot. Also i dont have to repeat the top process as many times if i have only just turned it off when trying to turn it back on (maybe something to do with the temperature with it being on for a while before hand).

Any help would be appreciated. Not an urgent problem as it gets working eventually, just annoying, especially if im in a hurry to do something.

try takeing your video card out and putting it back in, it has helped me in the past, hope it helps.

DRoss1990

Thanks for the help, just tried taking it out, blowing all the dust out of it and the connectors, but unluckily the problem remains.

luckily started on second attempt to get back on though, sometimes it can take as many as 10-20 times starting it up before it works, usually when i havnt used it for a few hours, like when i get up in the morning.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online