No signal to monitor / CPU not booting properly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

holtlol

I have a custom built computer, about two years old a week or so ago I was having problems with my monitor shutting off mid use, and if i shut down left it alone for 30 minutes or so and came back later it would boot and work just fine.

Now I'm having the real issue, it doesn't work at all! I turn the power on and I get the message "no signal" on my monitor.

All fans are spinning, and sounds like it always have while booting up. However, once it has booted and has been running for several minutes i play with the keyboard by hitting caps lock, num lock etc. and no lights are popping on and off which leads me to believe the computer is not booting properly.

I've tried and done the following:

Bought a brand new graphics card
I put the graphics card in a new slow on the mobo
checked and cleaned all connections
checked and cleaned the old graphics card
reset CMOS
It is a brand new monitor and I have tried it on other machines and it works great. the cables came with the monitor and are also brand new.

So I'm stuck, frustrated, and am coming to your help. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

etaf

Wayne
have you tried the PC on one of the other monitors - just in case ?

What type of Graphics Card - PCI - if AGP you do not normally have different slots

holtlol

Thanks for the speedy responses and insight. My computer is running beautifully now, although I'm not sure what happened for the problem to be corrected, but it is corrected and that's good enough for me!

Thanks again! Ill be coming back and using this site regularly.

etaf

Wayne
(y) thanks for letting us know - you can now mark solved - button at the top of the post - " Mark Solved "

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online