No signal to monitor from PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SamDel4321

New to this website, so my apologies if this isn't the correct place for this post.

Recently I was playing WoW on my PC when everything froze. The game, taskbar, everything. I waited a few minutes and it was still frozen, so I turned off my computer. When I re-booted, I noticed my CPU fan was running faster than normal and my monitor now said no signal. All parts seem to boot like before, besides the CPU fan going faster, and don’t turn off until I power down PC. Also, before the freeze everything was mostly quiet while booting, but now there is a faint scratching noise coming from HDD for a fraction of a second. So far the troubleshooting methods I have tried are:

• Trying each stick of RAM individually in every slot
• Re-seating graphics card, PSU connections and SATA cables,
• Booting with HDDs and SSD disconnected
• Using different monitors and HDMI cables
• Resetting CMOS with battery and pins on motherboard.

So far nothing has given me any signal to any monitor. Is there a simple fix for this or do I need new parts?

Specs
Windows 10
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM: 2 8G PC4-25600
Storage: 2TB Barracuda HDD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, WD Blue 500 GB SSD
Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super
Power: Corsair RM 550x
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

Sorry for any irrelevant info. First post, I’m confused, so I included everything for clarity.

Thanks

crjdriver

You did fine in posting your parts list; I wish everyone did as well.
Can you try your video card in another system OR do you have another card to try in this system?

Last edited:

SamDel4321

You did fine in posting your parts list; I wish everyone did as well.
Can you try your video card in another system OR do you have another card to try in this system?
I actually don't have another system or card. ☹ That would probably make diagnosing this a lot easier.

Couriant

James
Your motherboard has an onboard dvi and hdmi yes? Can you use those to make sure you have something?

crjdriver

The onboard port or ports on the board are to support the APU series of processors [with onchip video] the ryzen 2700X has no video.
At this point, you are going to have to start swapping parts with known good units; ie pw supply, motherboard, ram, etc.
The only other option would be to take the system to a shop and have them diagnose it for you. Where I live, this would cost between 1/2 to 1hr shop labor.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online