1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Signal to Monitor With RX550

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GPUisBroken, Nov 17, 2019.

1. GPUisBroken

GPUisBroken Thread Starter

Hello, thanks for looking at my thread

I've had a Gigabyte RX550 for a little over a year now, and yesterday it stopped working.

I get no signal to my monitor, but the windows boot sound plays. Interestingly, I get signal when I boot in safe mode. I've tried uninstalling the drivers with ddu, and the machine boots normally with signal to the monitor, and the fan runs, albeit in 640x480.

When I install the latest drivers and boot, however, the fan doesn't run and I get no signal to the monitor. I have gotten the same result with 3 different versions of the drivers.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The card is not stressed nor does it use much pw until you install the video driver.
    The card may have failed OR you may have a pw supply problem.
    Since you have not posted specs, I have no idea if you have onchip video that you can try in place of the video card. If you do, I would pull the card out and connect the monitor to the onboard port on the motherboard. Now run some type of stress test ie prime95 or OCCT. Monitor your voltages while running the test. If the 12V is low or drops under a load, that points at a bad pw supply. If the voltages hold steady when running the stress test, that points at a failing video card.

It would really help if you posted ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice