1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No signal to monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pcguy14, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pcguy14

Pcguy14 Thread Starter

Hi I recently had to replace my motherboard as it apparently died. I have replaced with a new on and cannot seem to get “signal” to any of my monitors. This makes it impossible to get to bios and start the process of getting my computer ready for use.

Specs:

Mobo: Asus maximums hero 8
    Cpu: i8-6700k
    Gpu: evga gtx1070 founders edition
    Ram: rip jaw ddr4 32gb
    Assortment of Hdds and ssds

Things tried:
    -cmos reset
    -new cables internally and externally
    - startup with no gpu
    -startup with 1 stick of ram
    - plugging into mobo and into gpu
    - triple checking everything is plugged in

Weirdest part is everything seems to be working. Everything is lit, I can hear the hdd working and mobo is showing Q code 29 which I can’t find in the manual. Any help would be appreciated as it’s been months of computer issues already and I’m at my wits end

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Take it back down to a barebones setup out on a table. Nothing but:

Motherboard (on a non-conductive surface),
    CPU (w/heatsink),
    RAM,
    PSU,
    keyboard, video and mouse.

Now see if it will boot into the BIOS. If not, try different PSU and/or RAM. Once you do get into the BIOS, reset the BIOS to factory default.

Now try running an Operating System (*nix) from a bootable USB flash drive. Exercise it some (web) and then leave it running overnight.

If it's still where you left it the night before, power down, hook up your drive with Windows on it and try the same, (exercise it, web, games, whatever), and leave it running overnight.

If it's fine the next morning, power down and reassemble everything back in the case. As you continue beyond the bare minimum though, only add one or two pieces of hardware at a time and then test to make sure what was added isn't causing problems. You get the idea ...

Pcguy14 likes this.
  3. Pcguy14

Pcguy14 Thread Starter

Awesome, will try Thankyou!

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

(y) Best of luck! Let us know how it goes ...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice