No Signal to my monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AtlasAZ

Just last night I had switched out my RAM from 4GB to 8GB when I booted up my computer I went in to the BIOS and also boosted my fan speeds to 100%. Once I closed the BIOS the screen went black and I waited for it adjust but it never did. So I turned off the computer, tried unplugging one of the fans (I though maybe it was causing too much power consumption) and even took out my GPU and put it back in , and yet my screens are still blank. Not sure what I need to do or what happened my keyboard turns on and everything inside does too so I’m not sure what if need to do.

crjdriver

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. You need to post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post 8gig of ram; post the exact brand and model# of the ram. Do that for all of your parts.
Have you tried pulling out the new ram and installing the old ram?

AtlasAZ

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. You need to post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post 8gig of ram; post the exact brand and model# of the ram. Do that for all of your parts.
Have you tried pulling out the new ram and installing the old ram?
I have a MSI GTX 1050ti, MSI B350M motherboard, Ryzen 1500X CPU, and Ballistix sport lt 8 Gb ram(old) which I upgraded to the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb. Yes I did try reinstalling the old RAM but it’s still not displaying anything on my screen.
The fans kick in for a minute going to full power but slow down down for a few seconds and they do that repeatedly.

AtlasAZ

I have a MSI GTX 1050ti, MSI B350M motherboard, Ryzen 1500X CPU, and Ballistix sport lt 8 Gb ram(old) which I upgraded to the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb. Yes I did try reinstalling the old RAM but it’s still not displaying anything on my screen.
The fans kick in for a minute going to full power but slow down down for a few seconds and they do that repeatedly.
I forgot to mention I have a EVGA 450w power supply

crjdriver

OK, do some basic troubleshooting;
1 System OFF and unplugged press the ON button 2~3 times. This removes any residual charge from the pw supply capacitors
2 Reseat both atx and aux pw connectors on the board. Be sure they are fully seated
3 Pull out your old ram and blow out the slots with a can of air. Reinstall the ram and be sure it is fully seated in the slot or slots
4 Clear cmos with the clear jumper or pins. Read your manual as to where this is located. I never use msi boards so telling you where it is located is not really possible
5 Reseat your video card. Note there should be a lever or lock for the card. Be sure and release it prior to reseating the card. Again be sure it is fully seated
6 Pw ON and see if you get a display. If you do, great. If not, you broke something while working inside the case.

Some common errors when installing ram;
1 Failure to fully seat one or more of the chips
2 Attempting to install or remove ram when the system is still plugged in. Modern motherboards have pw applied all of the time [even when system is OFF] Removing or installing ram without discharging the pw supply caps often results in ESD to the motherboard
3 Simply knocking something loose while inside the case

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online