No signal with Integrated graphics after taking out GPU

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zuldur

I recently sold my NVIDIA GTX780 3GB DDR5 graphics card, and I thought I will simply use my rig with the onboard VGA. However, the monitor receives no signal, so I am looking at a blank screen. The PC powers on, and all the fans are moving (I don't have speaker in the chassis, so no beeps).

Here is what I tried so far:
- Tried different monitors - an HDMI TV, and a monitor through DVI.
- Resetting the CMOS both by taking out the battery and by playing with the jumpers.
- Inserting another GPU that works fine in my other PC - it gives no signal when in this machine either.
- Reseating the RAM and double-checking all the cables so no loose cables

Here are my specs:
Motherboard: ASRock B75M-ITX
Processor: Intel Core i5-3470
Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon V120
Memory: Kingmax 8GB DDR3 160MHz

HDD: 1TB Toshiba
SSD: Kingston 120 GB
ODD: LG GH24NS95
PSU: Cooler Master GX650
Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Mini ITX
Other fans: 1x 12cm Scyte Slim + 1x 12cm Stock Bitfenix

Any help or suggestion is appreciated...

Have you tried a different monitor? Resetting the CMOS should have put it back to default.
Sorry , I see you tried another monitor, Check and reseate all connections, something may have come loose when you took out the card.

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
ASRock B75M-ITX
mobo panel.JPG

That motherboard panel has VGA and DVI and HDMI graphic ports.
Have you checked the BIOS setup screen to see which one of those graphic ports is enabled and selected for use?

---------------------------------------------------------------

zuldur

Thank your for your suggestions.

@lynx1021: I already tried the TV with HDMI and a monitor through DVI, but now I also tried with another monitor through HDMI, with no luck.

@flavallee: Since I only see a blank screen, I cannot see which one is enabled. I may try it with a VGA cable, because that is the only port I have not tried yet...

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It's very possible the integrated graphic device has gone bad, but I tend to believe it's some other unknown issue.

Have you tried to install and use another graphic card?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

zuldur

Yes, I have tried to make it work with an Nvidia 560ti card, but it didn't give any signal either. The card works perfectly in my other machine.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Have you tried a different monitor?

zuldur

Yes, I have tried 2 monitors and a TV, and all 3 (HDMI, VGA, DVI) ports with no luck...

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm not there to see your computer, so I don't know what else to advise you. :confused:

zuldur

Well, thank you for your suggestions. Do you think bad BIOS settings could affect the situation even after taking the CMOS battery? Do you know if the shared RAM values for the intagrated graphics switch back to auto after resetting the CMOS?
Would it help if I uploaded pictures of the mobo and the interiors of my PC?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Switching from the integrated graphics back to a graphics card didn't resolve the issue, so there's some other issue going on and not an incorrect BIOS setting.
Submitting images here may help some of the hardware experts(if they're viewing this thread), but I don't believe they'll help me.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That doesn't help in showing us what your computer and its ports and connections actually look like.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online