1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no signal

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tony007, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tony007

tony007 Banned Thread Starter

packard bell windows xp problem no signal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all, I am trying to repair a computer make and operating system above. When I try to boot up I am getting the message no signal on the screen. I know I have power because the dvd drive opens up when I press the button. I like to explore all possibilities before I even look inside, I am thinking it may be the video card does anyone agree or disagree? Thanks.

2. tony007

Ok whats going on here I have been inside and there is only one card and thats the pci modem 6951320000. I pushed this in a bit further and I think it moved I also checked the ram and reseated them. The computer has now booted up to desktop but surely just doing what I have done could not be the cause or fix it? Or do I have the magic touch. I like to know how I fixed something for future reference.

3. oshwyn5

oshwyn5

No signal generally means that the video card is not seated or that the video cable to the monitor is loose .
    Chances are when you opened things up and then put them back you tightened the video cable and solved the problem.

Or it could be that you do not have the case speaker connected and hence did not hear the ram failure beeps which would indicate loose ram . Without RAM it cannot carry out the POST and boot so you get no video out and your monitor gets no signal in.

4. tony007

Thanks Oshwyn5 I hate not knowing how I managed to fix something I think now it could have been the RAM i'de already checked the cable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice