No software DVD will work!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Voodoomelon

I have a P3 600mhz, 2x10gb and 448mb RAM, running on WinME.
I recently installed an Elsa Gladiac 511 Geforce2 MX400 and am using nVidias latest Detonator drivers.
However i have installed 4 different software DVD players and none of them will work with the new graphics card!
I previously had a Voodoo 3 3000 and all DVD players worked fine and the hard drives have been formatted several times.
I tried installing Elsas DVD software, but i believe the supplied CD is defective as it just continually spins in the drive with out loading up.
Whats wrong with the Geforce? Why does it have a problem with my DVD players?
Thanks!

wen

voodoomelon,

both myself and scootercooter have had previous threads on the subject of this infernal card.

as well as major game dvd problems i had trouble with sound, darlec like voices, it was unbearable.

it would not work some games, mostly EA sports and as you said the dvd playback was dire. as you did i downloaded all the latest drivers from nvidia, the elsa ones just would not work.

I tried all dvd software it was patchy and slow and sometimes did not work at all.

i perservered with this damn card for 6 weeks before throwing in the towel. i purchased it because as i only have pci slots and it was the best card on the market at the time.......bull!

i bought double card cooling fans to see if it was excess heat causing the problems but that had no affect.

i took it back to pcworld and they happily gave me my money back - £99. scootercooter also returned his but had more of a fight than i did for his money.

best honest advice would be to ditch the card if possible and see if there is a better one on the market now.

back in went the cheapo, cheapo sparkle 8 mb card - £25 - and hey presto everything is fine again! dvd is picture perfect, games play excellent.

sorry i could not bring you any better news or an answer to your problem.:confused:

wen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online