No sound, 3 other devices with big yellow question marks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Qokqos

Compaq Presario SR1560AN
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
Motherboard is MS-7184 (AmethystM-GL6E), manufacturer: MSI

Hi, I have this problem since i re-install my XP and change the monitor at home(because the monitor need to get service). Theres no sound from my computer at all, i didn't change the speaker. When i try to play music at the windows media player, comes out message that there's no sound decive or the sound driver is not installed.

oh yeah, the volume icon is missing either...

according to device manager, there are "other devices" with big yellow question marks:
- Multimedia Audio Controller
- SM Bus Controller
- Video Controller (VGA compatible) (because i change my monitor too, perhaps?)

according to "dxdiag" im missing:
- sound driver
- video driver (final version, not generic)

i have tried to download and install the audio driver from the manufacturer website (Compaq) but it is not working. I have followed the instrution to check audio enabling in windows, and resetting audio on-board setting in BIOS.

I even try to install the modified "machine.inf" and "sndvol.exe" as i read in some tech forum, But nothing worked.

My friend told me i must get the BIOS driver, buat i couldnt find it anywhere on the net, including the manufacturer website (Phoenix).

What should i do now? any help is appreciated. The computer at home not connected to the internet. Im posting this using computer at work.

Thank you for your attention.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online