No sound after isntalling service pack 2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Virimo

Sup, my first post here.

I built this PC last saturday;

Proc: 1GHZ AMD Athlon
Mobo: KT400-ANB
HDD: 40GB Maxtor
RAM: 1GB DDR333

Sound worked fine until I installed SP2, it just quit working, the little icon shows up in the system tray and it says the device is working fine and everything is unmuted, but the sound does not work on either the onboard sound or any PCI card I add.

The correct drivers are installed and I think windows is pretty much up to date.

The funny thing is, when I installed SP2 it fixed the problem I was having with World of Warcraft.

Virimo

bump

Sometimes when I restart the PC, it will work again, and then when I restart again it stops....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online