No sound and or vision from HDMI

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lockeyp

Ean
Hi Guys, Am I right in thinking with an HDMI Cable you don't need anything else connected its just like plug and play?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Can you be more specific in what you're wanting to do, and with what hardware?

A HDMI cable transmits both video and audio from a source device (computer, cable box) to a destination device (monitor, TV).

Besides having better quality, a HDMI cable eliminates a number of cables and connections.

-------------------------------------------------

Lockeyp

Ean
Can you be more specific in what you're wanting to do, and with what hardware?

A HDMI cable transmits both video and audio from a source device (computer, cable box) to a destination device (monitor, TV).

Besides having better quality, a HDMI cable eliminates a number of cables and connections.

-------------------------------------------------
Hi Frank I have Vision but no audio. The audio is coming from the source which is the Laptop, not the monitor. What could be the cause of that.
Atm I am using my laptop as the source the volume isn't very good so I have to wear head phones to hear it.
Any other ideas

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've never used an external monitor with a laptop, so someone else here will need to address your audio issue.

I should have asked this also before posting the previous solution. It might sound like a dumb question but does your monitor have speakers built in. Many don't

plodr

Liz
I've connected laptops to televisions, not monitors. One laptop did not have audio when connected to the tv but I managed to fix that.

I don't own a monitor with an HDMI port, only a tv. The monitors in the house are VGA and DVI only.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online