1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound anymore, sound card gone . . . please help!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LadyOfRain, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyOfRain

LadyOfRain Thread Starter

I was just about to install my new copy of The Sims Deluxe Edition when I decided to check the official web site in order to confirm whether or not I had all the minimum requirements for running the game. The site suggested that I have the latest versions of my Sound and Display drivers, so I set to work downloading those. I got my updated Display driver no problem, but the Sound is another story.

According to the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, I was using a Crystal Audio Driver from Cirrus Logic. So, I Googled a newer version of the driver and found one. When I told it to install, nothing happened, so I thought, well, I'll just uninstall my first one and then install this new one and everything will work.

After I uninstalled my previous driver, the new one still wouldn't install. So I tried to reinstall the driver -- no luck. Then I downloaded a driver from the official Cirrus web site -- and every time I click the "install" button, a message always pops up saying "Driver didn't install correctly." It doesn't tell me why or how or ANYTHING. And now my computer has no sound! Whenever I check the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, it tells me, "No sound card was found." What am I supposed to do? Please, please help! :(

(I use Windows XP Home Edition, by the way.)

2. Dan O

Dan O

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!