No Sound/Audio from PC. Windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Slackline

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I'm wondering what I can do to get sound back.
The sound on my PC goes to my headphones, but when I installed a brand new RX 590 into it and installed the drivers, I lost audio. And for some strange reason, it says that the audio is working, which I know for a fact that it isn't.

Here are some of the things I did:
- Wiped and replaced all drivers on my PC
- Installed different drivers thinking they'd work, then removing them because they didn't
- Windows Restore to an earlier save, but that didn't work
- Using month old AMD driver instead to see if that's what did it

None of these worked.

Here are my PC Specifications:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G OC @ 3.8GHz
AMD RX 590 8GB
MSI B350 Gaming Pro MB
16 GB DDR4 @ 2933MHz
500GB SiliconPower SSD
2TB WD-Red HDD
500W Thermaltake 80+ Br PSU

Hope this helps and that someone knows how to deal with this.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Check device manager, to see if the new device's driver is a separate thing from the sound driver. If the new device's driver does not replace sound driver, you can try uninstalling just the new device's driver and see if sound works.

Oddba11

Jim
Have you checked to ensure the default audio device is the actual audio chipset?

Video card drivers will often set the video card audio as the default device (in which case you audio is being output over the HDMI output). Ensure the actual audio chipset or sound card in your system is actually selected as the default device.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online