1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound coming from laptop speakers...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by brian_oates33, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian_oates33

brian_oates33 Thread Starter

My system is a Toshiba Satellite M115-S1061 laptop. A few days ago it started having problems booting. So I reinstalled Vista Ultimate, and now I have no sound. I made sure it's not muted, made sure the volume is turned up, but still nothing. I also tried updating the driver, but system says driver is up to date. My "Playback Devices" only lists headphones. But there's no sound from the headphone jack either. Any ideas?

2. matt_aj

matt_aj

Go into device manager and make sure that they are no "?" by anything. Most sound drivers have multiple devices. It could be that one or more of them is not installed properly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/672441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice