1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no sound coming from my speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mustanglady1, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mustanglady1

mustanglady1 Thread Starter

I recently moved and am hooking everything up to my PC. I cannot get any sound from my speakers. There are two places for jacks on the back of the PC and I have tried both. I am sure the power is plugged in. There are two places for jacks in the back of the main speaker, and the second speaker is plugged into one of them. I have ran XP troubleshooter and checked out the sound card. Everything worked before I dismantled it. Any suggestions??!!! could sure use the help. soon please!

2. active95

active95

Do you happen to have the sound icon in the tray bar? Or how about checking the sound settings, by clicking on the START button , then Control Panel , then Sound , Speach and Audio devices, then click on the Sounds and Audio Devices? Is the checkbox next to MUTE checked? If it is , uncheck it :D

3. Dark Star

Dark Star

hello mustanglady1 and welcome to TSG...

Are these amplified speakers?

There are two places for jacks on the back of the PC and I have tried both. I am sure the power is plugged in. There are two places for jacks in the back of the main speaker, and the second speaker is plugged into one of them.

the two places on the back of the PC one is green color coded and that is the correct one

the "TWO PLACES" on the back of THE MAIN SPEAKER is what I'm not clear about. :confused:

DS

4. mustanglady1

mustanglady1 Thread Starter

thanks for the replies...the speakers are just ordinary Creative desktop speakers, power box plugged into the wall, etc...as for the green coded plug, sorry...this is a custom built system with no color codes present. Yes, I ran the sound card checks thru the wizard and checked all the boxes to be sure nothing was not muted. It worked at my other house, and I am sure its something stoopid, I just can't see it. Any other advice?

5. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Just a thought...

Most sound cards produced now, have 3 color coded jacks on them, 1 for Line in, one for MIC in, and one for Line out, which is where the speakers will plug in...

However I do remember having an old Sound Blaster 8 bit card, that only had 2 jacks on it, and...if I remember right, from looking at the back of the pc, the MIC in was on the right, and the Line out was on the left on a tower case, or the MIC in was on top and the Line out was on the bottom on a desktop case, it also had a seperate volume control on the card itself, if this is the card you have, can you make sure that the volume control on the card is turned all the way up...

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

When you say the power is plugged in, are you sure you used the same power supply? A friend (well, ex-friend now) just ruined a set of my Labtec speakers using the wrong voltage from a power adapter :mad:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/97524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice