1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Sound Coming from Speakers On Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by math_geek, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. math_geek

math_geek Thread Starter

My computer has no sound coming from the speakers. But when I put in my headset (with mic attached) I can hear the sounds from my computer. I have all my drivers installed and even ran the Drivers and Utilities disk I recieved with my computer. I ran the tests for the sound drivers and they are perfect the speakers work but why can't they work when the test isn't running. Also, I have no volume control in my notifications aka the bottom right corner next to the clock and when I go to the volume control in the start menu and open it up its all greyed out. I cant click anything because it says I have no sound device. In the system information -->components---> sound device: it says nothing its just blank.

Dell Inspiron B130
    System Model: ME051
    I've had this laptop for 4 years and this is the first time this has happened to me with any computer I have ever owned or used.

Please help I want to be able to listen to my music and watch youtube with volume without using a headset.

Thank You,
    Math_Geek =)

2. vicks

vicks

Welcome to TSG forums.
    Go into device manager, is there anything with a yellow ! or ? listed there?
    Vicks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/954893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice