1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound coming from speakers?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by computersarecool, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computersarecool

computersarecool Thread Starter

I was using my Dell Optiplex 210L desktop (old, but still quite useful!) and I noticed that my sound wasn't working. The only thing I installed was PaintShop Pro X2 which I found new sealed at a thift store for $2.50, but I doubt that would cause it.

What I have done:

Checked device manager, its fine
    Checked volume on both windows and speakers, fine
    Rebooted, didn't work

I tried booting into Lubuntu Linux, and it worked then.

2. YOCS

YOCS

Nice - you have narrowed this down to a Windows issue . I would try updating the driver first or rolling it back if updating is not an option. If you go back into device manager and check the properties on your sound device is there an option to Update or Roll Back the driver to a previous version?

If that doesn't work I would try uninstalling it in device manager the right click on Sound in Device Manager and select Scan for Hardware Changes to have it detected / re-installed or just reboot.

3. computersarecool

computersarecool Thread Starter

Tried checking for drivers, nothing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1138572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice