1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved No sound coming from speakers

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jay1880, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jay1880

jay1880 Thread Starter

Hi
    About a month ago I turned on my PC to discover no sound from my speakers but there is sound from my headphones.
    The speakers are only a few months old and work on other thing so it cant be them.
    In the playback device speaker is selected and the bars are moving as normal.

Any idea's

JC

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Not a Networking issue. What OS are you running?

3. jay1880

jay1880 Thread Starter

Windows 10
    No speaker sound from anywhere on my PC so I cant see it being networking issue.
    The sounds been fine for about 3 years then one day just stopped.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Moved thread from Networking to Windows 10 forum. (Maybe should be hardware; hard to tell.)

How are the speakers connected? Are you sure that there is nothing wrong with the connection or the cable(s)?

5. replay

replay

6. jay1880

jay1880 Thread Starter

They are connected to a Pioneer amp, Ive disconnected and reconnected using different cable wire and still no sound. Ive also run the above troubleshooter and it just says 'Generic audio driver unfixed'

7. jay1880

jay1880 Thread Starter

8. replay

replay

U mention speakers (thinking computer speakers)
    Then u say connected to a pioneer amp??

9. jay1880

jay1880 Thread Starter

Not computer speakers they are KRK R6 monitor speakers
    Yes a Pioneer A-20 Amplifier - 100W

This was worked perfectly for about 2.5 years

10. Xsage

Xsage

First Name:
    Dave
    Double check the connection from the PC to the AMP to the Speakers.

3.5mm Jack, Green port from PC splits into Red and White Phono into one of the input channels on the back of the amp.

Make sure the input selection on the front of the amp is set to the same input the phono cables are plugged into.

Make sure the speaker cables (either raw copper or banana plugs) have both + and - lines plugged into left and right outputs of the amp respectively.

Make sure both the speaker lights are on on the amp.

As you stated sound is coming through the headphones, the amp should be plugged into the port your headphones are and the headphones should be plugged into the front of the amp when you want to use them.

Finally check the direct button as if you have all dials turned down you may not get any audio.

If you have done all of that and still no audio, get another device such as an MP3 player or a phone and plug the 3.5mm jack into that and see if you get any audio, that will tell you if its the amp setup or the PC.

11. jay1880

jay1880 Thread Starter

Hi there

My sound is back, dont know what it was but I used new speaker cable and I followed your instructions all cables was plugged in correct and the amp etc was set up correct so it must of been a cable/connection problem.

Outstanding
    Big thanks

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1189225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice