Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No sound coming through any headphones

622 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Recently, whenever I plug headphones into the jack on my laptop, the sound is just continuing to come through the laptop speakers. It works, however, when I delete and then install the driver, but when you take the headphones out they don't work going back in. I have been in to the audio devices in settings and it shows that no devices are connected. As far as I am aware my system is completely up to date and all the drivers are as well. he problem I know that the headphones work in all other devices and this only started within the last two week. My specs are below.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200530195356.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5600U CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 229 GB (16 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0F5KF3, ver A00, s/n /GRSKZ52/CN1296358I001E/
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n GRSKZ52
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#4 ·
I've seen lots of issues on Dell and headphones where the jack fails to recognize that something is plugged in.
Temporary fix with the non-working head set plugged in:
Device Manager. Under sound, video and game controller, find the sound card. Right click on it and disable.
Then Enable sound again by right clicking in the sound device and selecting enable.
This should allow the sound to come through the headset.

Also don't depend on MS, go to Dell's website for your model and see if there is a driver newer than what you are using. If so, install it.

Read this and see if you need an app
https://www.dell.com/community/Latitude/Dell-7400-Headphone-Jack-Not-Working/td-p/7528795

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.