1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no sound device? help me!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hhhhooootttt, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hhhhooootttt

hhhhooootttt Thread Starter

ok i just wanna be able to listen to music and i got this computer used from my uncle. every time i try to play music or record something it says I can't because my computer has no sound device... what the bleep?

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    a few things about your computer would help us to kjnow to help you out here. Like make and model, or Motherboard, CPU, Ram, OS, Sound Card, etc...

3. PC TECH250

PC TECH250 Banned

It simply has never had a sound card installed for just web browsing. Or, the software
    is in need of being reinstalled and updated. If the system was sitting around for a long
    period of time, the drive itself becomes fragmented where things even Windows will not
    run at all. Defragging the hard drive would be the first step after visual confirmation of
    a sound card having been installed. A look at the back of the case will readily show if a
    card is there in a pci slot. If you only see and AGP card, it's time to buy some sound.
    Then again, how old is the board? It may have onboard sound already. It simply needs
    the driver set downloadable from the board's manufacturer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/416616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice