1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no sound device on xp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mr madras, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mr madras

mr madras Thread Starter

Hello to you all, i am very happy to be on here,
    maybe someone can help me, I have a laptop running xp, i wanted to update the drivers so i used 'drivermagic' it was a bad mistake to make, it has made things worse, when it updated the sound driver it downloaded this version which made the original driver vanish and in its place installed a driver which wont work! would anybody be able to tell me where i might replace the original driver, for some reason system restore was switched off, so i can't restore to an earlier point, this is now all a big mess, mentions of op. system re-install was suggested! but surely not! , i have been foolish i now know.
    yours hopefully mr madras.

2. norton850

norton850

Have you tried to roll back the driver in Device Manager?

3. mr madras

mr madras Thread Starter

I looked in device manager and all i have to choose from is the sound,video and game controller folder, it doesn't give me the option to roll back the driver.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Or simply restore the Operating System to a day before the driver update, using System Restore.

5. norton850

norton850

Just to make sure. In Device Manager open up the Sound etc. heading. Right click on your card and choose properties and then the driver tab. Is there a roll back option?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/551510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice