1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Sound during DVD playback

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JohnnyGold, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnnyGold

JohnnyGold Thread Starter

I have a dvd rom and a dvd burner. They seem to play all different media except the sound on DVD's.
    I had to reformat my hd, and it was working fine before that. Any ideas why DVD audio would be singled out?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Do you have the drive set to enable digital audio?

Have you reinstalled the sound driver for your system or is it using a native MS driver for sound?

3. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

What program are you using to play dvd's?

I had this issue before at work. We have Soundmax sound cards and the movie would play with no sound. This is an issue with those sound cards

Power Dvd and Windvd both have the problem ,but power dvd has a patch that made it work.

i cant find the patch now but if you need it Ill upload it somewhere for you and give you the link the next time im in work (probably sunday)

4. JohnnyGold

JohnnyGold Thread Starter

It's working now. Windows Media Player wouldn't play the movie or recognize the disk. I installed PowerDVD which came installed on this Dell 4550 when I bought it and it started to work. I guess that made the difference. I was trying not to install all the junk on a clean HD. That made the difference.
    I thought it was because the new install rearranged the drive letters because I have installed an HD and and Burner since the computer was new.

Thanks for all the responses!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice