No sound from any sound device.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crossfireltd

The sound on my HP Envy Pheonix 810-135qe was working fine yesterday, turn on the machine and there is no sound from any device at this time. I cannot get sound from the monitor speakers, external PC speakers or the headphone jack. Also I cannot see the speakers in the device manager. Would a system restore to a previous date correct the problem? I have performed all the tests that Windows provides, but to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 10193 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 1846 GB (1707 GB Free); D: 16 GB (1 GB Free); F: 931 GB (0 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AF3
Antivirus: Spybot - Search and Destroy, Enabled and Updated

System info:
HP Envy Phoenix 810-135qe
10GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1

Sound.JPG

Last edited:
First Name
Jim
What is the audio chipset status in Device Manager?

If there is a yellow ! or red X, you can try manually reinstalling the audio drivers. If it's not listed at all, boot into the BIOS and ensure the audio chipset is still enabled.

The screenshot above doesn't show any of your audio ports. The devices listed are all HDMI related.

crossfireltd

Oddba11.....thanks for your reply, I have fixed the issue today. there was one plug from the Logitech speakers had a short in it. I repaired the damaged plug, and all is working as it should.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online