1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound from earphones

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mq18, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mq18

mq18 Thread Starter

My earphones were working fine on my laptop earlier but for some reason they have stopped working. Earlier I removed them from my laptop and plugged them into my ipod which was charging on the latop and they were working fine but when I removed them from the ipod and plugged them back into the laptop there is no sound coming from them at all. The sound is working on my laptop cause when I remove the speakers from my laptop there is sound coming through the laptops speakers. When the earphones are in and I go to 'playback devices' there is one device called "speakers/headphones" and it has a green tick beside and a green bar that goes up and down when there is sound. It is set as the default device. The other device is called "Independent (R.T.C.) Headphones" and it has a green telephone beside it. It is set as the default communications device. I have checked the volumes and everything is turned up and nothing is muted. I have also tried re-installing the driver "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" but no luck. Really dont know what else to do.. Sorry for the big post just trying to give you as much info as I can...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice