No sound from HP laptop with Win XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

elizabeththebest

Hello,
I had Vista on my Hp Pavillion dv9000 , but it turned out to be too hard on the video card so I asked a friend to install XP, but he didn't have all the drivers for it. I found some of them, but I still can't figure out the sound. I installed Realtek drivers and everything else I could think of, but I still don't get ANY sound. Please, help!!!

elizabeththebest

I've installed all the drivers from the HP web site (or at least I tried to...). I tried to install the chipset, but I'm not sure it actually did ...

It is best to install the Chipset drivers and then restart the PC...and install the other drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online