No sound from Laptop speakers, but can hear sound out headphones

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

starlightlynn30

Alisa
I have an issue can't hear sound out of speakers, yet can out my headphones, everything is up to date. What could cause the sound to go from the speakers and no it is not muted.

When I pull out my headphones I can't hear no sound yet when I am using my headphones I can hear sound.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2039 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 273953 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0GD366
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

The following may work but it applies to Windows Vista (I don't have XP any more), so it may be a little different for yours:

Control Panel > Sound > Speakers > Properties > Advanced > Restore Defaults

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online