1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound from my monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Debarybabs, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Debarybabs

Debarybabs Thread Starter

I changed the DVI wire on my monitor today, and tonight I have no sound from my monitor. I have an HP1907 monitor . . please help !!

Thanx . . .

2. trogdo

trogdo

On the attached picture, which one is your cable?

Attached Files:

3. Debarybabs

Top right . . .

4. Debarybabs

This is the cable that the Geek at Best Buy suggested. I had my computer and monitor with me today, and he took a look and suggested that cable.

5. trogdo

trogdo

What happened to the old cable? If you could compare the plugs, that would help.

From what I gathered in a brief google session, only the Dual Link DVI-D can carry audio, but I may be mistaken and hopelly someone will correct me.

6. Debarybabs

I have the package from the cable. It's a DVI-D Cable . . for single link DVI-D Connections.

7. Debarybabs

I know there are two places for connecting the cable in the back of the monitor. The clerk at Best Buy told me to hook it up to the DVI connection. Maybe I'll change it to the other connection and see what happens.

8. trogdo

trogdo

Are there two places to plug it in on the back of PC too? I will go offline now, will be back in the morning.

9. Debarybabs

Not sure . . will check it tomorrow and try the other connection if there is one. I'm off to bed myself. Busy day today. Thanx for the help. Really appreciate it !!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice