No sound from my monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Debarybabs

I changed the DVI wire on my monitor today, and tonight I have no sound from my monitor. I have an HP1907 monitor . . please help !!

Thanx . . .

Debarybabs

This is the cable that the Geek at Best Buy suggested. I had my computer and monitor with me today, and he took a look and suggested that cable.

What happened to the old cable? If you could compare the plugs, that would help.

From what I gathered in a brief google session, only the Dual Link DVI-D can carry audio, but I may be mistaken and hopelly someone will correct me.

Debarybabs

I have the package from the cable. It's a DVI-D Cable . . for single link DVI-D Connections.

Debarybabs

I know there are two places for connecting the cable in the back of the monitor. The clerk at Best Buy told me to hook it up to the DVI connection. Maybe I'll change it to the other connection and see what happens.

Are there two places to plug it in on the back of PC too? I will go offline now, will be back in the morning.

Debarybabs

Not sure . . will check it tomorrow and try the other connection if there is one. I'm off to bed myself. Busy day today. Thanx for the help. Really appreciate it !!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online