Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No sound from Notifications

762 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bobs-here 
#1 ·
I noticed this first on Google Voice. I get the LED flash & Notification at the top Bar. No sound. I checked a few settings, & then Re-installed. That worked for about a day & now it's dead again.

I checked a few other apps, & I realized now that it's all apps. I tried Gmail, hangouts, SplenDo (tasks) Calendar.
What is weird is that when you try to change the notification sound there is NO sound when you select the new sound.
Usually when you select a new sound, it will play so you know what it is. It is silent.

I think this is something OS related. Any ideas?

Galaxy S3 KitKat

#2 ·
try this fix for the GalaxyS3:
  1. "Make sure your phone is not in the silent mode, check this by going to Settings> Sound> Ensure the Silent mode is turned off.
  2. Make sure you have ticked the Notification option under Messaging app settings.
  3. Make sure you have ticked the Email Notification option under your Email account settings.
  4. Make sure you have adjusted the volume so you can hear the tone of an incoming message or email, check this by going to Settings> Sound> Volume> adjust the Notifications volume bar to the right to increase of the volume.
  5. Check whether you have enabled blocking mode on your phone, check this by going to Settings> Blocking Mode> (if blocking mode is enabled) then make sure the Disable notifications option is not checked .
    See also : How to Customize Option on Blocking Mode on Samsung Galaxy S3
  6. If your Samsung Galaxy SIII running with the Android Jelly Bean, make sure you have checked Show Notifications in Messaging app and Email app. Do this thing by going to Settings> Application Manager> Go to the app (Messaging and email)> tick the box next to Show Notifications."
its a common issue and occurs for variable reasons. checkout this link which covers the problem in detail.
http://inside-galaxy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/samsung-galaxy-s3-how-to-fix-no.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.