1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound from Speakers or headphones

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by paisane, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paisane

paisane Thread Starter

I have a Windows XP operating system. I do not get any sound out of my speakers or my headphones. I did a troubleshoot but it reaveled nothing. The other day I had system sounds coming through my speakers but today that dosen't even work. I checked to see if there was any conflicts after going into device manager. There were no conflicts at all. My sound device is on my motherboard. I do now have a seperate sound card. I have an Intel(r) 82801AA AC'97 Audio controller. In device manager it also states that I have Legacy Audio Devices. In device manager it also states that every thing is working properly. Everything I have checked verifies that the sytem is completely set for sound. I also went into setup and sound is on as well as speakers. I am sort of confused right now as to what I can do to regain sound iin my system. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

2. highspeed

highspeed

Try this:
    Open control panel , click on Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices, then choose sounds and audio devices,
    Click on the sounds tab, under the sounds tab, you will see a box under sounds scheme, click on it and choose windows default.
    Now restart your computer for the changes to take effect..
    Hope that works right for you...

3. demortes

demortes

If sound just recently stopped working, try a rollback (System Restore in Windows). If that doesn't fix it, try checking for "Other Devices" in Device Manager. You should have a seperate entry for your sound card, not Legacy Audio.

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

p:
    Are your speakers plugged in to the correct port?

Is this a desktop or laptop?

If a desktop, which motherboard is in your computer? If your computer was built by a fine company such as Dell, Gateway, eMachines, Lenovo, Acer, Toshiba, Sony, other, which brand & model?

Is the computer that you reference in this post the same computer that you referenced in your earlier post?
    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/681582-stuck-640-x-480-resolution.html#post5595444

If so, did you install your chipset drivers, then your audio drivers? If not, you will need to do so, in that order.
    First - chipset
    next - others, such as video / graphics; sound / audio; network / ethernet

Do you know how to enter the BIOS and determine, perhaps under integrated peripherals, if the onboard audio is enabled?

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/691548

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice