No sound from Web pages in Internet Explorer (XP)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Hi John

Spoke to a new support Queue called "Qresolve" yesterday regarding a similar kind of issue with my comp.They were pretty helpful(you can visit them at www.qresolve.com).The resolution they gave me and which worked for me instantly was..,

To hear sound while viewing web pages with audio:

1.Click Start, and then Control Panel.
2.Click Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices and then Sounds and Audio Devices.
3.Click the Sounds tab.
4.In the Program events list, find and select Windows Explorer.
5.Select Complete Navigation and set " sounds" to " notify.wav"
6.Start Navigation and set the " sounds" to " Windows XP Start.wav"
7.Click OK.

Make sure that your PC audio is working and volume controls on the PC and speakers are set properly.

regards,
Sid

I am experiencing this same issue, no audio on web pages that should have audio. Whether I use Firefox or IE 6, no audio on either browser. My audio stopped working on the web after I installed Windows Media Player 11. I since rolled back to 10 but my audio still doesnt work on the web. It works in Media Player and any other app but just not Mozilla or IE. I have re-installed my audio driver numerous times and dont know what else to do. Please help me.

Sibb

Sibb0804 said:
I am experiencing this same issue, no audio on web pages that should have audio. Whether I use Firefox or IE 6, no audio on either browser. My audio stopped working on the web after I installed Windows Media Player 11. I since rolled back to 10 but my audio still doesnt work on the web. It works in Media Player and any other app but just not Mozilla or IE. I have re-installed my audio driver numerous times and dont know what else to do. Please help me.

Sibb
have you checked in internet options/advanced/multimedia that play sounds in web pages is ticked

Yes. My audio was fine before the Media Player 11 upgrade. That is the only thing that changed.

I double-checked that option and it is checked. I have no clue what is wrong...

Sibb0804 said:
Yes. My audio was fine before the Media Player 11 upgrade. That is the only thing that changed.

I double-checked that option and it is checked. I have no clue what is wrong...
can you do a system restore to before you installed wmp11

Blackmirror said:
can you do a system restore to before you installed wmp11
Before you do that maybe uninstall and reinstall it. Might have a corupted file. And is that doesnt work do what Blackmirror says, system restore should work.

i have the same problem, im using xp.. and i've checked registry..internet options.. control panal.. dont know what else to do.. system restore might work..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online