1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound, Help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by legallyblonde, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Thread Starter

Ok. Here I am and I really need some help. Some how I do not have any sound. And in my list of devices, there is a yellow "?" by the PCI Multimedia Audio Device. I tried to re-install but it says not found and having a quiet computer is driving be batty! I am a computer ill-literate, so any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Legallyblonde

2. phrozenmayhem

phrozenmayhem

Get out the drivers for the card.
    Go to Device Manager (the place with the yellow ? icon)
    Click on "Multimedia Device" and choose properties.
    Click on the driver tab. Chosoe "Reinstall Driver" and point to the path of the drivers.

If it's on a CD, look for a directory on the CD called win9x, drivers, whatever has an INF file with the name of the card usually does it.

Hope this helps, If it doesn't, blame Microsoft.

3. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Thread Starter

Blame me..maybe microsoft too. I believe that I totaly some how uninstalled the volume controls! Now I have to try to figure out how to get them back. I got my computer from gateway and my warrenty is up and the stupid restoration disk is not doing what it should then again.....:confused:

4. brianF

brianF

5. phrozenmayhem

phrozenmayhem

Try going to ADD/Remove and choose windows setup. Look under Multimedia for volume controls. It might not be there. If not open Control panel and open sounds. One of the tabs shoul dhave an option that reads "show volume icon in systray"

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice