No sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krzybeautiful

PLEASE HELP!!! I HAVE NO SOUND!

i am running vista home premium 32bit on an hp pavillion dv2000 notebook pc and i have the dreaded no audio output BS

when it first started happening, it would come and go as i restarted or hibernated. now its mostly full on sucking.

i have updated drivers, restored to a time before the problem, full system restore (it hurt bad when my 'new' machine came up with that little X)

when the error is up, if i look in device manager, there are no options at all for sound card, game controller, video.... also, it means not only do i not have sound, there is no device to update drivers for.

also, when the error is up, it also causes the Hp Quicktouch On-Screen Display to stop working (is this because the drivers are shared or something?)

stranger still, when the rare chance i do have sound and god's love shines on me, the HP Quicktouch On-Screen Display issue goes away. However i lose the ability to use the headphone jack! (this was just once that i noticed, and since the aforementioned full system restore i have only had sound once and the headphone jack worked, so there...)

i have gone through HP's site and Microsite (ahem...) and gotten nothing. on the forums here, it seems some people have luck downloading the drivers from the makers' site (realtek) but i am running conexant hd smartaudio.

Hi the dv2000 bit is the model range. Can you be more specific using the label underneath the unit?

Also, you could try Belarc http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html which will give you comprehensive system information.

CAUTION: Be careful posting info in here or anywhere else, as Belarc shows your Product Keys which should be kept private for obvious reasons.

Sorry.

The dv2000 bit is the model range. It is not a specific model.

You can get the exact model number from a sticker normally underneath the laptop.

This will help me to investigate this more accurately for you and also point you towards the correct drivers for your motherboard.

Forget the Belarc thing for now
:)

If you click on the START button, Right Click "Properties" and go to Device Manager, are there any errors indicated in there?

If not, do you have any sound devices listed in Device Manager?

If you are sure there are no listings for Sound, Audio etc ?? then go to Control Panel and "Sound", does it say "No Audio Hardware Installed " or similar?

If yes, then this would suggest a hardware issue rather than software.

krzybeautiful

it says
no audio devices are installed

so does that mean i would have to take it to some one to get this fixed.....
but if it is then y is it that some times rarely but the sound does work great

Not necessarily.

What happens when you go to Windows Update? Does Windows pick up anything in the way of drivers?

krzybeautiful

when i try and download it gives me an error msg

Driver Installation Failed: could not find the MEDIA decice for this driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online