1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound in AVI file

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by steenpe, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steenpe

steenpe Thread Starter

Hi,

I've got the same kind of problem as discussed in http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=248156, and tried to apply the solution proposed by Tsnuam (download the MPEG Layer-3 Codec). This worked for scully40800 but not for me.

For the AVI file Gspot says that "Codec NOT installed", and

Code: 0x0055
    Name: WAVE_FORMAT_MPEGPLAYER3 (MP3)
    Vendor: ISO/MPEG
    Gspot was unable to find an audio codec which will decompress this format

After rendering Gspot says
    Partial Failure
    0x00040242: VFW_S_PARTIAL_RENDER - Some of the streams in this movie are in an unsupported format

I hope somebody will be able to help me.
    Thanks a lot.
    Steen

2. Tranquility

Tranquility

Try downloading Windows Media Player 9 or 10 (there aren't any extra codecs in 10) and install the latest DivX codec version from HERE.

3. steenpe

steenpe Thread Starter

Tranquility,
    I already tried to unstall/reinstall WMP 9, and I have already DivX 5.2 from www.divx.com. The problem is still there!

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

5. steenpe

steenpe Thread Starter

No. Codec packs should be avoided. I prefer to identify, find, download and install the exact codec needed, and not a bunch of superfluous codecs.
    Other hints?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice