No sound in browser

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jerricho

When I play streaming videos I can hear sound normally. But when I play any video in flash format in any browser I don't hear anything (e.g. videos in yourtube.com). I just see the picture.
Please help

Blink182

Banned
Howdy jerricho! :)

Please you the following steps to update your flash player:

1. Go Here.
2. Click Install Now.
3. Follow the Steps that Adobe (formerly Mcaromedia) tell you to do.

FAQ

Q: Foremerly Mcaromdia??
A: Yes, thats correct, Adobe bought out Macromedia.

Hope that helps! (y) :) :D

jerricho

I aready had the flash player installed.
Still I downloaded and installed the latest version. But still there is no sound !!!

Blink182

Banned
Try your internet settings:

IE --> Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Multimedia Section

jerricho

Might be because I can't even play any Windows system sound or wav files. My sound card drivers are always up to date and my sound card is SoundMax digital.
Any clue regarding this problem?

Blink182

Banned
i have no "Clue" regarding the problem. Have you got a spare video card? May even be your speakers.

jerricho

I am using an IBM Thinkpad notebook. I do not have a spare video card. But I guess my speakers are working fine. But still how do I check whether the problem is in the speakers ?

Blink182

Banned
sorry, i meant sound card not video card (y) :eek: Do you have a spare sound card?

to test speakers plug in earphones. If you get sound then your speakers dead. If no sound then probably sound card.

jerricho

I don't have a spare sound card. And my speakers are working fine, I can play all my mp3 files and other music and hear sound from videos.

jerricho

Yes from videos that are o my hard disk (.mpg, .avi format) but not from videos in flash format or from flash e-cards.

Blink182

Banned
anyway try this:

go to folder options in control panel.
click the file types tab
check to see if WAV is there.

also, can you hear Windows Logoff and Logon Sounds?

jerricho

Yes wav file is listed in the file types option and winamp is assigned to iplay it. But no, I can't hear the Windows sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online