No sound in windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Heavenfox

I recently reformatted my computer and since then I have no sound at all on my computer... Someone please help!

Heavenfox

also when I go in sounds and audio devices properties under volume it says I have no audio device

Howdy Heavenfox, I had this problem when I reformatted after an XP disaster, I had to reinstall drivers to my sound device as they had disappeared! I also had to get my hardware manager to recognise my audio devices again. Should be all that it takes, I hope!

Hi,
If you do not know what exactly is the make and model of your sound card, try using AIDA32 from http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html. Unzip that file to a separate folder and run AIDA32 from there, this utility is very useful as it tells you information about your hardware you may have never known before....it will tell you the model of your sound card...
After that, I suggest using DriverGuide www.driverguide.com and searching for appropriate drivers...(note: you have to register in the site first...it's free)
That site is very useful and has helped me before in finding drivers for a friend's computer who had an archaic PC with an unidentified sound card, using AIDA32, I discovered that it was an ALS4000 !!!!! Then using DriverGuide.com I got the W98SE drivers and it worked beautifully....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online