no sound is coming out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

murduk0420

I have no sound coming out of the speakers or head phones and there is no default for sound how do I fix this, I'm running the win. xp home edition. help

Have you recently formatted and reinstalled XP ? If so , you may need to instal drivers for your soundcard . They'd be on a CD that came with your motherboard/prebuilt computer or available for download from the manufacturer/builder's website . In Device Manager (Right-click My Computer/Hardware) are there any yellow exclamation marks beside any devices ?
If you havent recently formatted has the sound been working at any point ?

murduk0420

yes my system crashed so I had to download a store bought xp system and no to the exclamation points

I've had this problem on my computer before... ill post back if I can find what I did to fix it. Was a while ago. Sorry =[

What do you mean by "there is no default for sound" ? If there are no exclamation points in Device Manager your hardware is probably installed ok .Does your media appear to be playing ok or do you get an error message if you try to play an mp3 ? Are you plugging your speaker/headphone jack into front panel ? If so , try plugging into the rear of your PC - or vice versa .

murduk0420

I go to the control panel and r. click sounds, speech and audio devices, I r. click agail sounds and audio devices. when I get there I go to audio and it tells me sound playback, default device and it's the same for sound recording and midi.

murduk0420

ok, i tunes player and wmc wont even play an mp3 and the rear headphone thing didn't work

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Ok, as mentioned above, you need to install the sound card drivers. You should have some kind of cd that came with your computer or motherboard with those on it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts