1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound, new laptop only 45 days old.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by twin2forlife, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twin2forlife

twin2forlife Thread Starter

I recently bought my HP Pavilion for school, as of a few days ago I noticed I didn't have sound anymore? I have tried going to my control panel, device manager, and checking the sounds, I have made sure the volume is not on mute, device manager states that my volume, speakers, and headphones are working. I don't know what else to do! Any help would be appreciated!

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. twin2forlife

Ok I tried that, now I feel like my pc is toast! I receive a message stating something to the effect of “we need to restart your pc” it gets to a black screen saying “preparing automatic repair” but is stuck on it. I’ve tried pressing f11 & now it’s stuck on a black screen saying “please wait” I feel so stuck & need to get my homework done!! Any other advice?

Thanks,

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

5. twin2forlife

Thanks, I ended up restarting the whole thing, good news I’m back up & running plus I have sound back.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Best,

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

(y) You're welcome.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice