No Sound? No Audio Device?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RadioSheep

Please help!

I have no sound on my computer. There's no volume "icon" thing on the bottom right corner of the screen. Also, it says "No Audio Device" in the Control Panel's Sounds and Audio Devices. Everything's grayed out. Every time I go to Local Services and try to start my Windows Audio, it says "Could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer Error 999: Error performing inpage operation", even though it is set on Automatic, not Manual or Disabled.

Please, any advice will be helpful. I'm not too savvy with computers. I haven't made progress in 3 days! I'm not even sure how to put my computer's information out so you could help. It's very old, but this is what I found

OS Name- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version- 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer- Microsoft Corporation
System Name- SONYVAIO
System Manufacturer- Sony Corporation
System Model- PCV-RX730(UC)
System Type- X86-based PC
Processor- x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~1715 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date- Award Software, Inc. BIOS Revision 1003, 5/21/2002
SMBIOS Version- 2.3
Windows Directory- C:\WINDOWS
System Directory- C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device- \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale- United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer- Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name- SONYVAIO\*****1
Time Zone- Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory- 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory- 160.73 MB
Total Virtual Memory- 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory- 1.96 GB
Page File Space- 1.60 GB
Page File- C:\pagefile.sys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online