Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Sound! "No Audio Output Device is Istalled"

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Oddba11 
#1 ·
Please help! I am NOT a techie, but have spoken to some and tried several repairs. I have a Sony VAIO VPCEA24FM laptop, running windows 7 64-bit and the sound has randomly stopped working (made no changes to anything that I know of). There is a red circle with an x in it on the volume icon on the taskbar, and when I hover over it it says "No Audio Output Device is Installed."

However, when I open the device manager and click under sound controllers, Intel (R) Display Audio is listed and if I click on it, it says this device is working properly. I tried to update the drivers and it says I have the most up to date. When I open sound on the control panel it says no audio device is installed and even when I right click and click "show disabled devices" nothing is shown. I have tried microsoftfixit, and it doesn't help.

I have also tried to download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the Sony website, and it downloads and installs and then a window comes up that says it may not have installed properly, and asks, "reinstall with recommended settings?" i click ok and it gives me a message that says, "This update can only run on Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7" and all there is is an "ok" button, which i click, and it does not reinstall. HELP I'M AT MY WIT'S END!

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3758 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1751 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 466220 MB, Free - 343438 MB;
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium, Disabled

See less See more
#2 ·
"No Audio Output Device is Installed" indicates the audio chipset is not found. This typically indicates the audio chpset is faulty.

The chipset you are seeing listed in Device Manager is likely the chipset used for the HDMI output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.