1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no sound no volume control

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barry johnson, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barry johnson

barry johnson Thread Starter

i put a soundcard in and i have volume control display but when i double click it it won't show up,,,,i don't have no sound ////got a creative lab///512:mad:

2. odzi

odzi

When Installing your sound card did your PNP detected it or you installed it with force.? Do you have an on board sound card (Sound card on your mother board)?

3. PSvasu

PSvasu

In order to resolve the sound problem, I suggest you reinstall the sound drivers from the device manager:

Missing volume control icon:

Usually, there will be a small yellow speaker icon at the bottom right hand corner of the screen that lets you adjust the sound volume when you click on it. Some brands of sound board install their own volume control software with a different icon, such as Creative Mixer. If you do not see an icon at the bottom right of your screen that lets you adjust the volume, follow these steps:

Make sure the volume control application is installed. Click Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Windows Setup. From the list of components, click on the Multimedia item and then click the Details button. Scroll to the bottom of the Multimedia list and make sure the Volume Control item has a check next to it. (Click on the image at left to see the details of this dialog box.)

Enable the volume control. Click Start | Settings | Control Panel | Multimedia. On the Audio tab, make sure that the "Show volume control on the taskbar" box is checked. (Click on the image at left to see the details of this dialog box.) Some brands of sound boards provide their own volume control applications, in that case you should clear the checkbox in this dialog and install the software provided with your sound board.

You should now have a volume control icon.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/74935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice