1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound on Asus laptop (Moved rom Windows 8 forum)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AluwaniM, Aug 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. AluwaniM

AluwaniM Thread Starter

Sound stopped working on my Asus laptop. Speakers are enabled and set on default. I tried updating sound drivers but it says the best driver for this pc is already installed. when I use a usb sound card and connect my external speakers i get sond but without that the headset are not even working.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

You say
    but then you say
    So without the USB sound card connected AND with speakers connected rather than the headset, do you then have sound

On the speaker icon on the notifications area right click and then click playback devices

When that window opens press Print Screen key
    open Paint
    click paste
    the screen that was showing will appear in paint
    click on select and drag mouse around part of the image for the playback devices
    click copy
    click file
    new
    and then paste again and the selected image will appear
    Save it to your desktop and attach to reply using the upload a file button
    https://www.eightforums.com/threads/screenshot-create-with-paint-in-windows-8.2596/

OR as here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-10-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

3. GrinHulk

GrinHulk

@AluwaniM are you sure that your headset is perfectly fine? I encountered with a similar problem and the issue was in the headset. I didn't knew at the time I just bought a piece from here and everything was working. So you might experience the same issue, head to Amazon and get a pair of gaming headset. This might be your solution.

4. AluwaniM

AluwaniM Thread Starter

Hi, GrinHulk, yes I tested my headset they are perfectly fine. I wonder if there's any possibility that this could be a hardware issue. I'm currently using a USB sound card but I wonder if there's a way I can have sound without using the sound card. I have only 2 USB ports on the laptop so with the sound card in the other I only have one to use for all my other things.

5. AluwaniM

AluwaniM Thread Starter

No sound at all unless I connect the sound card.

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

If you want my help please supply the information requested in my first reply

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice