Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No sound on Asus laptop (Moved rom Windows 8 forum)

780 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
Sound stopped working on my Asus laptop. Speakers are enabled and set on default. I tried updating sound drivers but it says the best driver for this pc is already installed. when I use a usb sound card and connect my external speakers i get sond but without that the headset are not even working.

#2 ·
You say
Speakers are enabled and set on default
but then you say
when I use a usb sound card and connect my external speakers i get sond but without that the headset are not even working.
So without the USB sound card connected AND with speakers connected rather than the headset, do you then have sound

On the speaker icon on the notifications area right click and then click playback devices

When that window opens press Print Screen key
open Paint
click paste
the screen that was showing will appear in paint
click on select and drag mouse around part of the image for the playback devices
click copy
click file
new
and then paste again and the selected image will appear
Save it to your desktop and attach to reply using the upload a file button
https://www.eightforums.com/threads/screenshot-create-with-paint-in-windows-8.2596/

OR as here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-10-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

#3 ·
@AluwaniM are you sure that your headset is perfectly fine? I encountered with a similar problem and the issue was in the headset. I didn't knew at the time I just bought a piece from here and everything was working. So you might experience the same issue, head to Amazon and get a pair of gaming headset. This might be your solution.

#4 ·
Hi, GrinHulk, yes I tested my headset they are perfectly fine. I wonder if there's any possibility that this could be a hardware issue. I'm currently using a USB sound card but I wonder if there's a way I can have sound without using the sound card. I have only 2 USB ports on the laptop so with the sound card in the other I only have one to use for all my other things.

So without the USB sound card connected AND with speakers connected rather than the headset, do you then have sound

#6 ·
If you want my help please supply the information requested in my first reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.