No sound on computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cgadea12

My boyfriend bought me an LG monitor and the tower that he bought me is HP. I have no sound at all only when I hook up the head phones. The computer states that it has internal speakers. I checked the sound card and everything is good there. I bought a DVI-D thinking that thats the problem but nothing. Please help and thank you in advance.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 260 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2815 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 702090 MB, Free - 640559 MB; D: Total - 13210 MB, Free - 1622 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB7
Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
The computer likely just has an internal speaker for BIOS beeps and the such, most new computer would not include internal speakers for everyday audio and those that did/do have a really poor speaker.

You need to get a set of external speakers and plug them into the sound card.

Most new systems ship with a set of external speakers though.

cgadea12

Is there a way I can get sound from my computer without external speakers? Cant I just buy some sort of connection cord or something?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Nope, most computers simply do not have internal speaker nor does anyone sell any. Anyone who wants decent sound has always chosen external speakers even for the few older systems that had built in speakers, for all-in-ones, laptops, or built-in monitor speakers.

As a side note, some monitors have built in speakers, so maybe check yours.

You have no sound when you hook up the speakers, in the correct ports on the back of the PC? But when you use head phones, you get sound? Are the head phones hooked up in the back of the PC, or are you using the front audio ports and you get sound out of those with the head phones?

This is an easy fix but I'll have to walk you through some things. The above info will help a lot.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Whats the model of the monitor, additional whats the model of the computer?

Do you get sound from the front audio port using the headphones?
there aren't any internal speaker for Desktops and Model of monitor..

cgadea12

The monitor is a LG and the tower is HP. Yes I get sound from the the front audio ports using the head phones.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
You need to provide more specific model numbers, HP makes thousands of computers and LG makes thousands of monitor. There should be an exact model on the front, side, or back of each device, examples are HP Pavilion HPE-500f or LG L49-W2242TQBF.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online