1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no sound on computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spinm, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spinm

spinm Thread Starter

i have a Dell dimension 4800 with a soundmax integrated digital audio. The sound is no longer working on my computer. I tried the speakers on another computer and they work fine. Is there any way to fix this problem with the integrated audio?

2. emoric

emoric

Hi, I would like you to open device manager and see if your audio device has a driver installed.

You can open Device Manager by double-clicking on the System icon in Control Panel, and choosing the Device Manager tab. It is also accessible by right-clicking on My Computer, selecting Properties, and selecting the Device Manager tab.

3. spinm

spinm Thread Starter

Yes, soundmax digital audio is listed.

4. coolboy0286

coolboy0286

Lets get the obvious out of the way, are there any drivers in device manager with a big yellow ? mark next to it? If so please install the drivers on them.

5. spinm

spinm Thread Starter

No yellow marks, all the devices seem okay.

6. coolboy0286

coolboy0286

Try uninstalling the driver for your primary sound device in device manager then reinstall it.

7. mjmcg714

mjmcg714

I did everything that was suggested in this thread about: If I had no sound in my computer. I have no ! points on device managers I still reloaded the drivers, but still have no sound in any port of the computer nor do I hear any sounds at all. Someone told me it was my sound card- probably came loose, but looking inside I'm not sure what to look for to determine if it is indeed loose so I could snap it back in tightly. I tried to trace the sound plug in the rear to where it goes and see nothing, the plug is encased inside a metal frame and I don't see where it goes, I don't see where the sound card is Any suggestions?

8. J:/or

J:/or

In the BIOS there can be an audio setting. Not all BIOSs have this but it can't hurt to check.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice