1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved No sound on Dell Latitude 630

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jo743721, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jo743721

jo743721 Thread Starter

Hello, I borrowed a Dell Latitude 630 because my Compaq nx9420 can hardly even boot up now. I'm not sure if the sound stopped after I installed a game or after I plugged my headphones into what I was pretty sure was a headphone port. I don't remember, but all I know is that I can't play World of Warcraft and I'm freaking out. Can someone please help me? It has XP.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Dell Latitude D630 laptop is several years old and doesn't have the hardware and speed for gaming, so I'm surprised you're able to use it for that purpose.

I've worked on a couple of them in the past that had built-in speaker issues and which forced their owners to use external speakers.

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. jo743721

jo743721 Thread Starter

Well I actually figured it out. I had to go to advanced and raise the WAVE bar because it was all the way down. World of Warcraft isn't very graphic intensive, a lot of people have older systems and just run it on lower settings. It's just to hold me over until I get my check from ssi and order the parts for this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JHDqt6

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Yikes! :eek: I haven't paid that much for a desktop system since 1997 - when they used to cost a small fortune. :sick:

---------------------------------------------------------------

5. jo743721

jo743721 Thread Starter

Yep but it will run even the new games for a while.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1162481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice