Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No sound on embedded video

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  valeriefield 
#1 ·
Okay, I've searched the internet for answers to this problem and I came across quite a few. I've downloaded the K-lite codecs to no avail. I've tried looking for the wavemapper program that others have suggested and that hasn't worked either; I can't even FIND th wavemapper and I'm pretty sure I'm following the directions on how to get to it pretty good. Finally, I found this solution:

"Problem solved. Google is my friend! (so is the planetamd64)
After googling and reading several threads in Adobe forums.
Several reinstall's of flash and some registry edits. Finally found a fix that works. Apparently I wasn't alone quite a few people have had this problem also. In this thread there's also a registry code for XP 32 bit.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/for...hread=y#4209759

But way down in this above thread is the solution for XP x64.
So i thought I post it here if anyone else runs across the same problem I did. Still don't know what caused it?

Fix for no audio in Flash Player videos for XP x64
Copy and paste the following code (both paragraphs) into notepad and save it as a .reg (fix.reg for example) then double click the file and you should have sound in Flash Player again. There were several other suggestions in the above thread none worked until I found this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
"msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
"msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
"msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
"msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
"wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
"msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
"msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
"msacm.l3acm"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\l3codeca.acm"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
"msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
"msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
"msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
"msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
"wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"

But when I try both ways of importing the registry files it tells me this: Cannot import fix.reg: The specified file is not a registry script. You can only important binary registry files from within the registry editor.

Then when I try and do it by using a registry editor tool I get THIS error message: "Not a vild reg file!"

Could you help me out?

I'm using registry tool 2.3.2 demo version

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.