1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Sound on HP Pavilion dv9700

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Skylined, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Skylined

Skylined Thread Starter

Hello, I am checking out a notebook computer for a friend...

He sent to a technician because his hard drive had crashed, don't know why he didn't send it to me in the first place.

The tech replaced it and installed Windows 7 32bit, but there was no sound, no webcam and the DVD drive was not visible in the OS. I tried to install the 32bit audio vista drivers from HP's website (tried both Conexant and Realtek, and the older ones also) but it kept giving me the error: "Driver installation failed: Could not find the device for this driver"

Since the computer had 4GB of memory, I reinstalled it with Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 64bit.
    The reason for Vista is because I know I had experiences in the past where these machines are sensitive when it comes to drivers, especially the audio.

But I kept getting the same error, you do not even see the devices in the device manager.
    I also installed the Microsoft UAA...
    I still cannot see the DVD drive (you can eject the drive manually using the hardware button)
    Also the webcam is also not recognized...
    I even tried a hard reset (removed battery, held the power button for 30 secs.)

Now the the last tech. who checked the machine seemed to have opened it up, for what reason I do not know because the hard disks are accessibly in the back through a small panel.

Anyone has any ideas?

Here is the system details:
    HP Pavilion dv9700
    Model: dv9925nr
    P/N: FE695UA#ABA

Alex

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

That HP Pavilion dv9925nr laptop came with Windows Vista Home Premium(64-bit) pre-installed.

The hard drive has been replaced and it's had Windows 7(32-bit) installed and then Windows Vista Ultimate(64-bit) installed, so it obviously no longer has the built-in recovery partition that came in it.

The recovery disc kit is dated June 2008, so I doubt if HP still has it available for purchase.

It is available for purchase here for $27.00 plus shipping.

--------------------------------------------------

3. Skylined

Skylined Thread Starter

I do not think I would go in that direction, why would I want to get back the recovery CDs and spend more money on something that doesn't make sense, why am I not seeing the devices in Device manager, I more believe this to be a hardware problem...

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

I was just giving you that option if you needed or wanted it.

And I agree it's probably a hardware issue caused from the technician mucking around inside the case.

-------------------------------------------------------

5. Skylined

Skylined Thread Starter

Thank you anyway

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027124