1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Sound on Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newcocol, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. newcocol

newcocol Thread Starter

Sine re-formatting my laptop I have been unable to get the correct info to locate a sound driver, can anyone point me in the right direction?

The Motherboard is a Compal ACY 25 which I asume has onboard sound. No other sound device shows up when doing a system information scan.

The scan also shows a problem with the following items.

Ethernet Controller
    Device ID :
    PCI\VEN_168CDEV_0012SUBSYS_7005144FREV_01\3267A616A080

Multimedia Audio Controller
    Device ID :
    PCI\VEN_1039DEV7012SUBSYS_001714COREV_A0\3267A616A017

Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
    Device ID :
    PCI\VEN_1039DEV_6325SUBSYS_001214COREV_00\410C8FD2400008

The problem code shown on all these items is :0x0000001c(28)

Many thanks to anyone offering information, the solution may be less stressful than replacing the glass in the window this is on the point of being threw through. :eek:

2. ythak

ythak

Hi!

you need to install the driver that is including to the package of your laptop if there is no included driver you can look the serial code at the back of your laptop and try to search it in google will prompt you all the compatible driver for your laptop.

3. replay

replay

4. newcocol

newcocol Thread Starter

thanks to both of you for the advice. Between the two I have managed to sort most of the big yellow question marks on device manager. Only the Ethernet Controller to do now.

5. replay

replay

the lan is on the list too

6. newcocol

newcocol Thread Starter

I know but it appears to be different than the one on the list - it won't allow me to install that one. get a message to the effect of not found.

7. Abel1337

Abel1337

I have had this problem before on my laptop but I cant remember what I did.. Ill try to remember.. In the meantime, try reinstalling everything!!![​IMG]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice