1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound on midi files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by moldy811, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moldy811

moldy811 Thread Starter

No sound on MIDI files. Sound on other formats. Win Media player or IrfanView or vanBasco all indicates file is playing. I think I lost sound when I was cleaning out junk from system. OS Win98se.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi moldy811, and welcome to TSG.

Double check your volume / sound mixer control panel settings. Make sure that the "SW Synth" channel is not muted and that the volume control slider is not all the way down.

If the settings look OK then double check the System Control Panel / Device manager to see if there are any warning symbols for the sound controller.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/534312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice