1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NO SOUND on my computer all of a sudden...what should i do??

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by CALPOLY, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CALPOLY

CALPOLY Thread Starter

I dont know what happened but one day the sound cut off on my computer. I doubt if its the sound card. I have norton anti-virus and spyware remover, and i run them all the time, so i dont know if its a virus or not.

Is there something i can download to see if i can fix this or not?? Does this happen often or do i need a new sound card??

If i need a new sound card, whats good??
    thanx

2. Sponsor

3. Rockn

Rockn

Move to the hardware forum. Do you know that the spaeakers work for sure? Is it muted, is the volume control all the way down? Can you play CD audio or is it all sound?

4. CALPOLY

CALPOLY Thread Starter

nO THE speakers work, the volume is not on mute and i can play CD but i hear no sound at all.

someone told me to download SERVER PACKET from microsoft but i couldnt find it.

5. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

is it a dell cuz that could be the problem

anyway i would definitely recommend the Razer Barracuda when it comes out here soon

i dont know if yur a gamer or what but the specs show domination

6. CALPOLY

CALPOLY Thread Starter

No its a Compaq actually

Im not really a computer gamer, i like ps2 and soon ps 3 ;)

Whats Razor Barracuda?? Are you suggesting i download it or are you recommending a game??

7. Techpresence

Techpresence

I have actaully experienced this problem myself!

What you could do, is un-plug everything from your speakers (the wire that connects the two together, as well as the wire in the back of your computer). Leave them un-plugged for 30 seconds, and then plug all of the plugs back in.

After that, you should be fine ;).

8. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

9. covert215

covert215 Banned

Have you tried just rebooting? Sometimes, the process that manages audio suddenly fails and exits without notifying you. Resetting will reopen it.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/475637